Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Red Thread Walk

As I figure out last minute details for my trip to Europe, I am also in the midst of planning our next fundraiser. On Saturday August 12, four days after Rebecca and I get back from Europe, we will be having a Red Thread Walk. The walk is basically a walk-a-thon with a fancy name. :) We are calling it a "Red Thread Walk" after the Chinese Proverb that says, "An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break."

My Mom, sister, and I all have the goal of getting at least 5 people to walk with us. We'll make t-shirts (like we made for our extended family, but with the character for friend, Peng You, on the front) for all of our walkers who have at least 5 sponsors. I'm still deciding what to put on the back, I think the Chinese Proverb, and maybe Psalm 68:6. . .any other suggestions?

We will have friends join us at our house to walk the 3 miles around our lake. We are going to mark the path with red ribbons tied around trees to keep with the red thread theme. Afterwards we'll have a picnic. It should be a fun time! Hopefuly this time I remember to take photos and I can post some afterwards and tell how it went.

If you are interested in sponsoring one of us, let us know!

No comments: