Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Great News!

We heard from Penny at Cathwel today and Kai Wei has had his civil ruling! From the way she put it it sounds like it was the final ruling. If it was that means we are Kai Wei's Mom and Dad and the parents of SIX kids now! He is our son! I emailed her to confirm. Because it may be the civil ruling and then the final ruling in 10 days--but sometimes they get called on them at the same time. Either way, we are much closer. They have chosen not to say anything to Kai Wei, as they don't want him to blame Ssu Ya for a delay in getting home (no word on her from the courts) After the final ruling you just a need an AIT appointment to get the child's visa and then you can bring them home. That often happens in about 2 weeks! But we will probably be waiting a bit longer for all Sarah Grace's court rulings. I say probably, because if they think it will be months of delay we may have to go twice! I just can't bear the thought of having to make Kai Wei wait many more months than he already has. I'm looking into airline tickets! I can't believe it!

We got a package of stuff I ordered online for Ssu Ya today--it was so much fun to look through. We got great pics of our "super model" that I'll have Annie post when she gets a chance. We got 2 pairs of pants, some long sleeve shirts, an outdoor vest and some PJ's! I think I have just about enough stuff until they get here. I did not want to get too much, as it is hard to be sure of size.

So this journey has been so long. I've gotten so used to waiting. I can't believe the waiting is actually going to come to an end!

God has been so good to us! :-)

4 comments:

Tisra said...

HOOOOORAY!!!! Mom to SIX!!!! I can't imagine how difficult it must be to wait for both children's rulings, and yet, the expense is enough to create pause. Here's hoping you just get to QUICKLY travel for both of your children!

Rebecca Lily said...

Congratulations!!! We're thrilled for you!

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news.

Jan

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!!

What a wonderful Christmas present for you and your family.

I'll be praying for your family to get the news that you can travel for both children at the same time soon.


Lisa