Wednesday, December 17, 2008

God is Good

Well,  I mailed another Christmas stocking to Taiwan yesterday.  I wish I'd taken a picture, but I'm always in a rush.  It just had a few little things--some craft items, a toy cell phone, a new shirt.  I hope she loves it when she gets it.  I love Christmas stockings.  There was a little Santa peeking out of this one and of  course a candy cane!  

We never dreamed last year we'd still have a child in Taiwan.  We are so thankful it is only one and we have one at home to celebrate his first Christmas in America!

Kai is very excited.  He kind of knows what is going on.  He has heard lots of things from friends about getting up early and wearing Christmas pajamas and getting presents.  He is also a bit tentative.  He doesn't quite like not knowing what's coming next.  He has had that problem for the last 10 months.  But this time around he seems willing to trust us that its GOOD.  He's been enjoying shopping for gifts and hearing the Christmas story and decorating.

We've really enjoyed having everything seem "new."  We had to cut our own tree--since that is the fun way.  Dana even had to buy more lights to put outside!

So, even while we feel sad that Sarah-Grace is still in Taiwan, we are enjoying our Christmas season.  Sometimes joy comes in accepting what God has for you and enjoying Him in your everyday life.  

We've learned that all our paperwork is set at AIT.  We've had the final adoption decree and the final custody ruling.  Now we wait for them to set a time for travel. 

Please continue to pray with us that Sarah-Grace will be home soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on travel date....It's TIME.

Jan

Tisra said...

"So, even while we feel sad that Sarah-Grace is still in Taiwan, we are enjoying our Christmas season. Sometimes joy comes in accepting what God has for you and enjoying Him in your everyday life. "

That hit me like a ton of bricks. Wow. As we approach 20 months on the wait list for Taiwan and get antsy to have the referral of our daughter, I've questioned the call God placed on us to adopt. I've wondered why He would call us to such an agonizing wait and had trouble enjoying the moment, or not looking at my three kids and feeling the ache for the person who is missing. Your attitude is so inspiring. I used to be there- positive and optimistic- but I think I've hit a wall. Time to break through that wall and be content in the One I say I trust, right? Thank you for saying words I needed to hear. Thank you. And, prayers for this time without Sarah-Grace to come to an end!

Cheryl said...

YAY!! So happy you are out of courts!! Come one travel date!! Come on!!

Anonymous said...

the video is incredible. Nicely done, Annie. thanks for sharing and reminding us that God is with Sarah-Grace every moment of the day.