Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hi from Costa Rica!

Hi everyone! I've been enjoying my time here in Costa Rica and learning a lot. Our lecture phase of the school I'm at just ended yesterday, and now we start the outreach phase. Our team of 10- 5 Costa Ricans and 5 Americans- will spend the next 2 months traveling to several different towns in Costa Rica (Talamanca, Jaco, and Tilleran) to do outreach. We'll be doing presentations in schools, performing dramas, sharing our testimonies in churches and as we meet people, working with youth in impoverished communities, and helping out the Red Cross.

Our whole team combined needs to raise $8,000. We're already halfway there. Would you consider helping us reach our goal? Posted to our sidebar is a chip-in widget. You can use it to make a donation through paypal. If everyone that each of the 10 of us knows gave even just $1, we'd probably meet our goal.



All of us (including staff) after a day of painting and hole digging
Our whole team plus staff the first week of school 


4 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey Annie, The widget came out great on our blog. I'm glad you had a chance to post before going off to the jungle. Hope by the time you check back here you've met the group's goal! As you know, Daddy donated $50 from his pay pal account and I want to donate $20 from my adoption fund account, as I just put some money in there from my Spanish teaching checks and need to tithe. I was excited to see you already had 5 contributions since this AM. Many blessings and prayers to you all, Love, MOMMY

broof4 said...

Hi My name is Ian Manubens, You may know my sister Sera Manubens, She made twotwinterrors but it discountinued, well i started a new family blog. go to www.manubensfamily.blogspot.com please get everyone you know to follow my blog thanks, Ian

Shelli Craig said...

we are in the process of adopting a boy from Cathwel in Taiwan and I wanted to see if your kids from there know him! Give me a yell on email: shellic@me.com

Bev said...

Hello Debbie,
I have wrote to you a few times a couple of years ago when I was in this Taiwan Yahoo group. We received a referral from Cathwell a couple of days ago. Would you please e-mail me. Bevjo54@charter.net