Thursday, April 13, 2006

Finger Prints!

Well, Now I need to scratch criminal off my list of potential careers since I now have fingerprints on record and I would be too easy to catch. Good thing it wasn't near the top of my list :)

After missing the turn once, I made it to the right road. I knew I was getting close when I passed the prison. After all, doesn't it make perfect sense to have a fingerprinting place and a prison right next to each other? I must have been somewhat nervous, I'm not sure why, but when I filled out the form I put the a before the l in my last name. Oops. Cross that out and start over. Then I almost wrote 27 instead of 26 for my birthdate. Once the form was filled out I was fine.

It took forever to get my prints, I think they had to try my left thumb and ring finger at least 8 times each, but now it is done. The machine is kind of cool. They spray your fingers with water (I think it was water), then they stick them on a glass plate and roll them around a bit. Your finger print comes up magnified on the computer screen, and they save it there. It's neat seeing your finger prints enlarged so they are probably as big as your head. That sure makes comparing prints a lot easier than looking at life size prints.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Yay!!!!One more thing checked off. Mine was the same way. Dh was done quickly and had to wait for them to finish doing each finger like five time. Well you're one step closer..congrats!!!