Sunday, October 01, 2006

Count it all joy!

“So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need
to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive
what he has promised.”
- Hebrews 10:35-36

I really felt encouraged by this verse the other day. We’ve had 3 minor “paperwork” snafus this week. My first set of fingerprints got rejected and when I went to have them retaken they said it looked like the 2nd set would be rejected as well. (apparently I have grainy fingers or something!). If they are rejected again I will have to take a trip to meet with the Immigrations Officer in person with certified letters from the localities where I have lived stating that I have no criminal record! Dana needs to get a bunch more paperwork certified. We need all this stuff so we can get our I171-H, which allows us to adopt an orphan from another country. And to top it off our agency changed their mailing address and some different letters etc. may not have gotten to them! Oh well, Annie and I thought the initial paperwork was a little too easy!!

Now if we get a referral, there will be all kinds of paperwork to do. But of course I’d love to get a referral anyway!

We keep praying and each day I am encouraged by the Lord that everything is in His plan and I just need to wait on Him.

. . . as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress. . .psalm 123:2

1 comment:

Ann said...

Sorry that you have had some snafus. We had one with immigration and it nearly gave me a heart attack. I love the verse you have listed. I need to remind myself of this sometimes. thanks.