Saturday, November 11, 2006

An Imaginary Phone Call

The other night, my Mom and I were discussing how odd it would be to talk to the kids on the phone before we meet them. I'm really not a phone person, and I wasn't sure I liked the idea. I realized though, that my parents will call while they are in Taiwan, and won't I want to say hello to my new brother and sister then? So, I imagined a phone conversation in my limited Mandarin. It goes like this:

Ni hao. (hello)
Wo shi ni de jie jie. (I am your big sister)
Wo jiao Annie. (my name is Annie)
Wo ai ni. (I love you)
Zai Jian (good bye)

Now I need to learn how to say "come home soon" . . .

And pronounce the words well enough that someone other than my mother can understand me. . .

1 comment:

Ann said...

I think it's great that you're so involved in the adoption of your sister(s)(?) I think it's so sweet that you're working so hard so that you can have that conversation with them when it happens