Sunday, December 17, 2006

Antique Chairs


A very generous friend of mine gave us 6 beautiful antique cane bottom chairs to sell for our adoption fund. Trouble is, I'm not sure who wants them. I decided I would post them here in case some reader would come along who was looking for just this type of chair! They are in good shape and have had the caning redone. I have close up pictures if you are interested. My friend was told when they were recaned several years ago that they are worth about $60 each. I'd like to get $300 for them. They are such fun chairs, I'd almost love to keep them! But those cane bottoms would last about 6 months in my home! That is why my friend is parting with them too! I think cane bottom chairs were one of the reasons Victorians were so strict with their kids!
Blessings, God is so GOOD! Debbie :-)

2 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

You might try to auction them or place them in classifieds online. The audience is much broader!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog!!! You should definitely thrying selling them on Ebay. I know so many folks that have had great success in doing this. My husband sells all kinds of things through Ebay.Sometimes we canot beleive what things go for.
Take care,
Audra