Friday, December 01, 2006

The Waiting Game

These past couple of weeks have been really hard for me to be patient. I just want to know when we might get a referral so I can start making plans for next year. I'm starting to wonder how possible it would be to teach ESL in Taiwan. . . At this point I doubt we will have the kids home by this summer,so I could go to Taiwan then, teach, learn some Mandarin, and be a little closer to my siblings- and even meet them when we do get a referral. :) I have a feeling they will be home by next summer though, which would mean that if I wanted to be back at home when they were home, I couldn't stay for a year, which means I can't get a visa to teach. . . Oh well. I know God has a plan, not only for my siblings, but also for me. Faith is all about trusting even when the way isn't clear, and that is what I need to practice doing. God has not brought us this far and worked so clearly in this adoption only to leave us here. His plans may not be what I would have chosen, but He is good and omniscient and his plans are infinitely better than any I can make, so I must learn to trust, and to patiently wait.

No comments: