Monday, October 08, 2007

Just a Little Thing

So my sister and brother in law stopped by on their travels last weekend with a gift for our new kids. Jan and Mark go to a lot of craft fairs and bought Kai Wei and Sarah Grace personalized lap desks!

Just having these desks on my kitchen table with the kids' names on them really made me feel like they were coming soon. I went right out and bought some clothes for Sarah Grace, something I'd been avoiding, "just in case..."

It strikes me as funny that just seeing their names in print, on a gift that is meant for them, should make them feel that much closer. So thanks Jan and Mark!

The lap desks are really fun. They have a slatelike top over a plastic bottom that can hold school supplies. They have the alpabet and numbers so they will help Kai Wei and Sarah Grace with learning English.



So our paperwork has been back and forth to TECO and is now ready to go tomorrow to our agency! We are hoping to receive Sarah Grace's paperwork in the mail any day now. . .

IT'S GETTING CLOSER! :-) :-0 :-)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear that your paperwork is soon to be on it's way back. Praying for a speedy turn around and hoping your 2 children come home soon.

Love the desk. Where did they get them from?

Good Luck.


Lisa

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Wait, I'm confused...are Sarah Grace and Si Ya one and the same? Or perhaps different people?

Thanks for updating this blog! It really is encouraging, and helps me pray for you more specifically.

Ann said...

Aren't those the cutest things. They're going to love them

Katie said...

Thanks for the info about the background!

I think our Kai's might be the same...ours is "victorious" also. I don't have the pinyin installed on my computer yet - otherwise I would type it

Thanks again for sharing your journey!