Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Update on Sarah Grace


As Annie said, we didn’t get a written report with the pictures. But we did get a disturbing email. Apparently Sarah Grace’s mom has changed her mind about giving her blessing for her to come to this country. According to our agency she has hired an attorney to represent her in court. Cathwel Service will represent us and the outcome will be up to the judge.

I have such mixed emotions about this. Of course there is fear and dismay--we may not get the little girl we have been looking at as our 3rd daughter for nearly a year now! She may go to a woman that abandoned her for 6 years that we don’t know. We may be left empty and grieving.

There is also my “mother’s heart” or even more, the heart of God for his children, that reminds me anyone can mend their ways. People do change and grow and learn to make better choices. If Sarah Grace’s birthmother has really grown in to a responsible and loving, unselfish women--doesn't’ she deserve to be the one to raise her own daughter? I think so. After all, to be raised in her own culture by a loving, bio mom would be best for any kid.

But I don’t know these things. How happy I am that God does! Please will you pray with us that God would move on the heart of the judge to see the truth in this case and that Sarah Grace would be delivered from being an orphan into the heart of a loving family? The family that God would choose for her.

Thanks.

8 comments:

Tisra said...

Whew. This adoption road is NOT EASY. But, with the journey, I KNOW that the Lord reveals His heart to us. We get a glimpse of what it is like to love when it's not easy. We get a taste of His pain over broken homes hurting children. And, as believers, we learn more about trusting His perfectness, His timing, His way. Sometimes our "whys" are answered, and sometimes they are not. Sometimes it doesn't turn out the way we wanted or expected, but HE IS STILL THERE. It sounds like your perspective is good. I will join your family in praying for Sarah Grace, her birthfamily, your family, and all involved.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. What a scary situation you have. I will be praying for the perfect answer to the issue. I will be praying for comfort for you and your family too. Best wishes,
Jan

Ann said...

I can't believe this. I was telling my husband about Sarah Grace. I can't believe how you seem so calm about it. I hope and pray that things get worked out and you can bring Sarah home.

Hegemom said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I'm sending you warm thoughts and e-hugs.

Stacey

Lauren said...

hi i switched my blog to private but i couldnt find your email address!! If you want me to add you I definitely will just email me at tinkerbellbaby1235@yahoo.com and I will add you!

P.S. I will be praying that all goes smoothly!

Jaclyn said...

I'm just reading up after a few weeks, as I was thinking about you today and wondering if you had heard anything, I am very sad for the news you have gotten. I am happy to see you are being supportive of whatever God has planned for Sarah Grace. I believe he will make the right decision for her. I'll be praying for her and for your family.
Jaclyn

Ann said...

Any news?

Cheryl said...

Hi...I have followed your blog for quite a while now...please know you are in our prayers....and Sarah grace too... and her first mom....

The waiting and not knowing is the hardest part...the unknown and sitting in the unknown for indefinitly....which can seem like infinity....

May God's hand continue to be on Sarah Grace...May He use this in her life, in yours, and in her mom's life to reveal Himself to everyone involved.