Saturday, June 14, 2008

Court Update

We heard yesterday that Ssu-Ya was very brave at her hearing. She spoke clearly and stated that she wanted to go to America and start living with her new family. The orphanage has asked us to give an updated "child care plan." A kind of picture of what her life with us will be like and what our family and community is like for the judge. I sent that off along with 24 pictures--emailed. It will be filed shortly with the court. Sarah Grace's representative from the orphanage leaves for a business trip June 17-23, so I doubt we will hear anything before that. Please pray for her too. She has a lot of time and energy invested in this and she has to translate my wordy documents! They have really been supportive of Ssu-Ya at the orphanage and realize how traumatic this has been for her. The judge asked the birth parents both to prove that they could provide for Ssu-Ya. He also wants proof that the man is actually her biological father. We were also told that the foster family appeared as witnesses, but I'm not sure if that worked for or against us.

Well, we'd appreciate your continued prayers and we'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

Tisra said...

Tears come to my eyes right now as I pray to The Father for sweet Sarah. May He sustain her through this in ways that are miraculous- taking the confusing, possibly painful situation and replacing it with peace and calm and assurance of good in her life. I pray for your whole family as you wait through this time and volunteer for the unknown. Blessings to you all!

Tisra
waiting for referral (on the FEC/FFC list since 04/2007)

Anonymous said...

How very brave for a girl so young. I do wish you all the best and hope this is resolved soon so you can bring her home.

Jan

Anonymous said...

More prayers from me.

Unknown said...

I hope and pray that the judge will see what a wonderful family you are and how much you love this little girl. She obviously wants to be with you and needs you very much.

Cheryl said...

We will continue to pray for Sarah Grace!
I can't imagine going through that court date as a young girl.
Praying God will continue to protect her and bless her, that she will continue to see glimpses of Him and have peace while waiting.
The Hennings

Lisa said...

I am sending your family lots of prayers.

I know what you are feeling right about now. Our son from Vietnam will not be coming home to us as his birth mother took him back. We were suppose to bring him home very soon.

I so hope that Sarah will be home with you and your family soon. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you all.

Lisa

Unknown said...

I think that Kai-wei could help you to translate this chinese letter.
看見你們對Kai-wei & Sarah 的用心,讓我心裡很感動,了解你們真心的愛他們和接納他們。他們兩位是上帝為你們揀選的好孩子,相信上帝必成全你們每個人的心意。你們是這樣的愛他們,難怪Sarah會勇敢的表達並爭取要成為你們的孩子。上帝祝福你們全家,希望你們早日全家團圓。
I'm Merry,Annie來台灣時,曾經住過我家,Kai-wei和爸媽去美國前,我們曾經和你們一起享用晚餐。進入我先生的部落格,將幫助你們想起我是誰。http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!sGISX_OWBRbBxGuyNONqYw--