Thursday, January 01, 2009

"Sad" New Year

We rang the old year out with some heavy hearts.  We received an email from Jonah House that AIT will not issue a visa until the birthfather signs relinquishment papers or has his rights terminated.  Unfortunately the court thought it best to pursue the parental rights termination in another jurisdiction and we have been told this will take at least 6 more months.  Yes, you read that right, SIX MONTHS our little girl will sit in an orphanage while it is decided that she, who has spend 7 of her 9 years in foster care and in orphanages, is indeed an orphan.  Go figure.  It is hard for me to believe that this is God's will for her or us.  So please pray that if His will involves a quicker timeframe we could find it.

There are some things to hope for:   The birthfather could be found and willingly sign the relinquishment papers (at this point the court has denied him custody or the right to parent Ssu-Ya, so he would gain nothing but spitefulness by not signing),  or immigrations in our state could look over the case and approve her I-600 that she is classifiable as an orphan, or the new court would somehow be willing to expedite the case for Ssu-Ya's welfare.  

Hope springs eternal. . .

I'm just so totally not willing to accept this yet.  It came as such an unwanted shock.  I am still hoping it is somehow not true and not what the future holds.  Time will tell.  I am thankful that I serve a risen saviour who knows all our needs and our frail frames and promises to work ALL things for good to those who love him and are called according to his purpose.




6 comments:

Tisra said...

I am shocked as I hoped to hear good news from you, as well. In fact, I saw there was a new entry and hoped it was clearance to go and get Sarah Grace!

I will believe and pray along with you. I, too, find it unimaginable that God would wish this for her or your family. God is love and strength and mercy and compassion. The Lord is not the only force at work here, either. And we are called to finish the race. You WILL finish the race! Sarah Grace will make her way home! I pray the God of miracles will make a way that is so creative and unique that all will know it was Him who accomplished this feat!

My heart is heavy for your family, but expectant and hopeful for the good news to come!

Tisra
on the FEC list 04/2007, waiting for our 4th child

Cheryl said...

Oh Debbie- please know we are praying for your family and for little Sarah Grace. This is a story of love- unconditonal, eternal love - a family not giving up and not going away - stay the course- God will win. LOVE WINS!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I was so expecting to see a travel date when I logged on. I'm so sorry to hear this. I will keep praying for better news. She is such a sweetie and deserves so much more than sitting and waiting one more minute.

Jan

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for you.

Cheryl said...

Debbie,
again - I am so saddened by the learning of this news.
Remember God is not shocked by it. He knows all.
I have been praying John 15:1, then Phil. 4:13, then Romans 8 a LOT lately.
I have remembering to God - years are moments. He is focused on the eternal....we need to try to focus on the eternal too.
I have to remember God, who is love, wins in the end.
You seem to be doing well w/ God through this. I praise Him for meeting you where you are. I encourage you to keep God - His truth- your primary priority and focus!!
Please know, we are praying with you on behalf of Sarah Grace and all involved!!

Deanna said...

Hi Debbie, I haven't spoke to you in a while, but I check your site often, and I am very sorry for the continued delay. It's not fair for your family or for Sarah Grace, I'm sure Kai would love for his sister to come home! Hang in there.

Our son Ssu-Ming (age 8) is also at Jonah house, do you think they know each other? We still have no word on our court proceedings (referral 4/2008). We will all be praying with and for you and your family.

Deanna