Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wo qu Taiwan!

I'm going to Taiwan! My tickets are finally purchased and I have a place to live. God is good. I had been hoping for several months to go to Taiwan this summer and was looking into various options, but hadn't found anything. Just as I was beginning to wonder if I should give up, I got an e-mail from a man at the Chinese church's cousin's wife, telling me her sister who lives in Taiwan would be happy to host me! I'll be staying with Yvonne and her daughthers (one of whom is very close to my age) for a month this summer. I'll hopefully improve my Mandarin skills by doing some Chinese/English conversation exchanges, volunteer at an orphanage and maybe some other institutions, and see some of the sites around Taipei and Taiwan. I'm very excited!

6 comments:

TaiwanMommy said...

Sounds wonderful! We would move to Taiwan in a heartbeat if we could (not the easiest place to work though, if you speak no form of Chinese!) and send you blessings for your trip. Be warned that Taipei in the summer makes Florida feel balmy. And your hair? Well, Roseanna Roseannadana comes to mind. :) But you'll have a ball, and we will look forward to your photos!

hugs-
Val
Ann's (Taiwan Treasure) friend

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you Annie! I'll be anxious to hear all the stories. Best wishes and safe travels.

Jan
(Ansley's mom)

Ann said...

It's going to be such an amazing experience. I can't wait to hear all about it.

M said...

That sounds so exciting! What an adventure! I love your blog! I can't wait to see pictures!
Keara
Jie Jie to Maura Xiao Mei
(b. 10/27/05- Guangdong Province, China)

Lauren said...

You will have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Great that you can go to Taiwan over the summer. Hope you find the 2 kids that our family needs.


(Nobody knows me look at the first post and you may be able to find out)
P.S. I am not the youngest boy.