Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Labor Day Project

A few years ago, I got a book of patterns for a Southern Belle doll and her dresses. I sewed the doll, cut out the pieces, and then, Christmas vacation over, I slid the box under my bed with all my other craft stuff to finish when I had more time. She languished there for years, until, in search of a sewing project last summer, I pulled out the box, dusted it off, and made two dresses for the doll. I wanted to do a sewing project this summer, but I didn't have a lot of spare time, and wasn't sure what to make. I got the idea the other day to make a doll for SiYa, so when I was in Wal-Mart on Saturday, shopping for fabric for a 100 Good Wishes quilt, I bought some yellow and white checked gingham (SiYa told me those were her favorite colors) and by Monday I had a masterpiece.



Now, any ideas what I can make for a 10 year old boy?

4 comments:

beth said...

Annie, she's beautiful!!

Ann said...

that came out beautiful, she's going to love it.

For your brother...do they have patterns for something like dinosaurs or trucks, we have volunteer where I work that sew things like that.

Lauren said...

I LOVE THE DOLL!!! How cute!

Anonymous said...

I think the doll is just adorable. She will love it! I've been thinking for several days what you could her brother. I've come up empty handed. The best I could think of was little hakky sacks (maybe putting a nice phrase on it in Mandarin). He could use them to juggle or do hakky sack tricks. Ok. I know it's pretty lame but it's the best I could come up with. The other thing is make a nice picture frame and put a family picture in it?

Glad things are moving along.

Jan
PS. Thank you for the Buddy Walk donation!