Monday, July 19, 2010

Home and posting!

Honduras was great and we had a safe trip home, but I haven't uploaded my pictures yet and I figure I'd better finish up with vacation!

The last part of our vacation was spent in the White Mountains in New Hampshire.

Psalm 90

 1Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.

 2Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.


It is definitely awe inspiring to walk among the mountains.  I love to see the peaks rising all about me and look down into the valleys and rivers below.  It has always astonished me that a person could look on these beautiful manifestations of God's greatness and not believe in the creator.




While we certainly noted and enjoyed the grandeur of our surroundings we also enjoyed some much needed exercise and GORP eating!




It was really windy at the top of Mount Washington.


We hiked from the summit down to the AMC Lake of the Clouds hut.


From the road we hiked to several waterfalls and 'the Basin', more beautiful, natural wonders :-)






3 comments:

Annie said...

Wow, gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I'm so behind. What a great trip and beautiful country! Glad you had a good time!

Jan

wheresurtreasure said...

I am curious which campground you stayed in in the White Mtn National forest. We salaam to you for climbing Mt Washington! We hiked the flume gorge and the pemi trail to the basin--i think two of your pictures were from that hike...am i right? bec.