Thursday, July 19, 2007

DUCKLINGS!



Aren't they just so cuddly?

So when I heard Daniel tell Rebecca he was even more excited about his ducklings that were coming than his siblings--I felt somewhat that I'd failed somewhere as a MOM. I mean really, even a 7 year old should know people are more important than animals. I really appreciated Rebecca's viewpoint, "I love little kids." Well I knew the ducklings had better have a post!


They really have been fun. We mail ordered them and were called by the P.O. at 6 AM to come and pick them up! 2 Peking, 2 Black Cayuga, 2 Indian Runner--8 in all. Wait, 2+2+2 should not equal 8. Apparently they send a few extra just incase--the company guarantees live birds!

So Daniel and I have been having fun with our little flock. Jonathan should be thrilled when he gets home from camp tomorrow night. Annie gets home tomorrow too. Gee--we'll have almost as many people as we do ducklings :-)

Daniel and ducklings









Ducklings drinking

4 comments:

Tisra said...

So sweet. What is the long-term plan for the ducklings? Are they just for educational pets? I'm so curious.

Lauren said...

Cute ducklings!!!!

Anonymous said...

The ducks are just for some fun and when they grow we well release them to the wild.


Jonathan

Ann said...

They are just adorable!!