Monday, July 16, 2007

I have the sweetest mei-mei and didi EVER!

ok, ok, maybe I'm just a tad bit biased, and you all think your own
children or siblings are entitled to that claim, but let me just say, I am so
HAPPY I got to meet Kai-Wei and Su-Ya and they are both adorable.

Kai-Wei was very shy when he first came in. I got tears in my eyes
as I saw him walking toward the door, but I tried to hold them back,
because I thought a little boy who is meeting his sister for the
first time after waiting for a family for years might feel scared if
he saw me crying- maybe he would think I was unhappy with him,
instead of realizing I was so happy and emotional, crying was the
best vent for my emotions. Anyway, I swallowed my tears, and went
over to say hello with a big smile on my face. He is so sweet. He
knew my birthday is in 10 days, so he made me a birthday card! It's
so pretty and cute. he drew lots of little cartoon animals on it,
and wrote me a nice happy birthday message all in Chinese
characters. :) He wanted to wait til his friends came down to open
the birthday present I brought. He looked so cute, focusing so hard
on opening the gifts, and he had to try about 5 times to blow out
the candles on his cake. He is nervous about learning English but
was patient with my Chinese. He talked to me a bit in Chinese, but
when his friend tried to, he told him "ta ting bu dong" (she doesn't
understand). He showed me his bedroom and the library, where he
showed me how he could count in English. We looked at the photo
album together that we made for him and he told me how he likes to
swim and knows how to roller skate, and I told him how we will teach
him to ice skate and take him fishing. I can't wait!

Su-Ya was also shy when she met me, but soon warmed up when we
started playing with the play-doh set I brought her together. She
made me a blue popsicle and we made a pink ice-cream cone with yellow
ice-cream together. She is silly and I'm sure will make us laugh all
the time when she comes home. She has the cutest laugh and her
smile lights up her face, but hides as soon as the camera comes
out. She held my hand as she gave me a tour of her foster family's
house. She still doesn't know I'm her sister, I was just introduced
as a friend, but I can't wait until I can tell her how much I love
her and she is home keeping me entertained with her giggles and
antics.

Wow, 6 months is going to seem like an eternity.

Pictures coming soon. . .

2 comments:

Ann said...

I love all the little details of your first meetings. You are going to be a wonderful wonderful big sister. I can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! what a wonderful story and it's only going to get better. Like Ann said, you are going to be a great big sister. What a blessed family you are.

Jan