Friday, July 10, 2009

Drama Queen

Sarah-Grace is sobbing herself to sleep. Cold hearted big sister that I am, I feel no sympathy. Her teary-eyed mantra? "Me too, facebook. Me too." 

Yes, my nine year old sister is in tears because I informed her that she was too young for facebook. What next - texting? Twitter?

It all started when Sarah-Grace looked over my shoulder at photos of my friends' children. She wanted to know why I didn't have a baby. I explained that I wasn't married. Which of course begged the question of why I don't have a husband. Which somehow dissolved into a tickle fight and me being called 'ugly face.' 

And then we had to look at the picture Annie has of she and Sarah-Grace on facebook. And then we had to post on Annie's wall. And then came the inevitable: "Me too, Facebook."

Brushing teeth and going to bed is apparently not a good substitute.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Too funny!

Debbie said...

You are cruel and cold hearted. WHY shouldn't she have facebook? Along with the bunny, the daddy wrapped around her little finger and yes a personal computer and cell phone. Come on--this is America in the 21st century!
;-}