Friday, July 03, 2009

Together no more :-(

I couldn't resist that title, even though it is so negative, because it goes so well with our header and the way we feel.

HOWEVER, the good news is that Annie is off fulfilling a dream and we believe fulfilling a call God has placed on her.  So what more could we want?  We will choose to rejoice and be glad even though it hurts a bit.

We just returned home from the airport.  Only Dana and I went, as getting the troops up at 3:30 AM did not sound like a good option.  Plus it made the leave taking less emotional for all involved.

I did not cry :-)  Yesterday God gave me the GRACE to wake up feeling excited for Annie.  I have been excited about this all along, until we got home from Taiwan and I realized she only had 6 more weeks at home!

But now we will keep in touch via email and skype and blogs and I will be SO thankful for modern technology.

And for those who read this blog you will probably find fewer posts (although I do want to try) and fewer pictures (I meant to take one "leaving" picture at the airport this morning!).   I wonder how long it will take me to realize I am back to being the designated "family picture taker?"

Thanks Annie!  We love you!

4 comments:

Breka said...

I sort of assumed there was a subliminal message behind my birthday present - here, now you have a camera, post photos on the blog! For July and August, at least.

Tisra said...

What a fabulous, God-given perspective- and a true gift from the Lord. Can't wait to hear all the amazing things that Annie is able to accomplish- and my heart hurts a bit too. They grow up so fast!!!

Tisra

Anonymous said...

Way to go! You did good. She is going to have the time of her life and you get to witness it. How cool is that!

I have a twinge of sadness too. She's not my daughter but I guess I have a glimpse of what is to come. I hope I've done as good a job as you when that time comes so that,I too, can have peace that they are doing what they are meant to do.

Jan

Anonymous said...

have fun annie!