Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Almost complete!

When there were only five kids in this family, when I only had three little brothers instead of four, and when a little sister was something Annie had given up praying for - back then, when we all sat around the table for dinner, I sometimes felt like someone was missing. This was all of us? All seven? Everyone always said that seven was a lot, and this didn't seem like nearly enough people.

It's funny how much more full one little boy makes the kitchen table. I think it will feel downright crowded soon.

This morning, dad was sitting at the same kitchen table, computer ready. I was making oatmeal when the skype call connected and I heard a little girl's voice squeal "Daddy!"

My mom and sisters - sisters plural! - were just getting ready to head out to dinner. The AIT appointment is tomorrow for them and tonight for us. I think. Hopefully we'll have some pictures for you soon! Scratch that, hopefully there will be pictures for ME soon. And hopefully there's nothing too mind taxing at my internship today, because most of my mind will be in Taiwan, along with the part of my heart that's been there for three long years. 

-Rebecca

3 comments:

beth said...

Becca, your post made me cry.

Debbie said...

Me too! Thanks for the nice post honey! Love you, MOM

aimee81008 said...

Me three! Im so happy that your family is now complete!