Friday, May 15, 2009

We're Traveling, for REAL this time! --i think. . .

I'm excited and nervous and it seems unreal. After months and actually years of waiting we are set to go to Taiwan and get our daughter, Sarah-Grace Ssu Ya. It hardly seems possible. Once they had all our paperwork in Taipei we were able to get an appointment to get Sarah-Grace's visa and make arrangements to travel.

We had a webchat tonight and Sarah-Grace seems just so nervous. Even more so than me! I just wished I could reach out and give her a hug and tell her it was going to be OK.

So, soon we will be a family of 9 all on one continent. Praise our God who has worked this all out. I am also so thankful for all those in our path who have helped us and supported us and kept us going along the way--all the agency workers, social workers, office workers, government workers, postal workers--friends and family--and even complete strangers-- who have reached out to us and wished us well.

Tonight was our last Bible study for the summer with the believers we have come to know and love from the Chinese Church. It was such an appropriate send off for me to meet with these dear sisters and brothers in Christ. Our leader asked us all to share a bit about what the group has meant to us. It was such an honor for me to do and also so hard to put into words. These folks have prayed for us, cared about us, embraced Kai Wei and the rest of the family and been there in spirit and understanding. I know their prayers have really sustained us on this long journey. And they, of all people, know what my children face as they leave a life and culture they have known for the unknown.

Of course I am unbelievably happy that our journey to adopt is coming to an end and our life as a completed family of nine is unfolding. But within my happiness there is a sadness for all the adjustments and losses this will mean for my precious kids. But I believe they will survive. They will grow in love and grace and security and God will call them into his will and his kingdom. What more could any of us want for a happy ending?

Many Blessings, Debbie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited beyond words to read this post. I check often and think of your family often. I can't wait to see pictures of you with her.

Safe travels and God speed.

Kelly

Ellie said...

Debbie, So excited that she's FINALLY coming HOME!!! Yay! Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to read all about it!

Cindy said...

I am so happy for your family. . .I know you are ready for everyone to be together! Blessings to you as you plan your trip and go get your daughter!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, I miss one day and look what happens. You're in Taiwan. I'm am SOOOOOO Happy for you. Cannot wait to read all about it.

Jan