Thursday, February 07, 2008

All packed and ready to go!

Well, as unbelievable as it sometimes seemed, the time has finally come. Twelve hours from now, my parents will be flying over the Pacific Ocean. In just 8 days, my brother will finally be home. We are so excited and anxious. We have a hundred questions about what he will like and what he won't like, how he will interact with us, and how difficult it will be to communicate at first. We're so looking forward to having him home and part of our family. I keep thinking about all the fun things we will do together, and anticipating his enjoyment of them. I hope it snows so we can take him sledding for the first time (though, we already have plans to go tubing at the local ski-slope whether or not it snows, so there always is that back up). Kai Wei has told us that he enjoys basketball, so I imagine him playing outside with Jonathan, and his excitement (hopefully) at playing on the team at church. I wonder if he will want to go out on the lake in a canoe, and what he will think of our dog, and the cats, and our ducks. I wonder which of the foods we make he will enjoy, and which he won't. I wonder if he will help me when I study Chinese. And, the best part is, soon I won't need to wonder. Soon he will be here and, little by little we'll find out. I just can't wait!

My parents fly out tomorrow at 9:30 am and will arrive in Taipei around 9:30 pm on Saturday. Sunday morning they head to Jonah House to meet Sarah Grace and spend the day with her. They'll pick up Kai Wei on Monday morning. All of us at home will be anxiously waiting for updates- hopefully they'll be able to keep in touch frequently through skype and will post often to the blog!

It's so amazing that this is finally happening!

I shared the news with my students today, and they were very excited and enjoyed looking at the pictures on our blog. They all want me to bring Kai Wei to school, which I thought was really cute. I told them maybe he'll come to the Block Party later on in the spring.

Oh, and by the way, Happy Chinese New Year! I was hoping to cook Chinese food for dinner before we got our travel news, but in all the preparation for travel and other business of life, my one celebration was wearing my Chinese shirt today. :) It is though, the year of the rat, which just happens to be MY year, so I'm a little partial to it. ;)

No comments: