Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Some news from Taiwan


Well, Since it is after 9:30 in Taiwan now, and they haven't posted I guess they didn't get a chance to before they went out for the day, so here is some of what we heard from them while we chatted tonight.

Yesterday they went to the AIT apt. in the morning. It took longer than expected, due to a missing paper and the CNY holiday, but everything did get worked out eventually. After AIT they went to the zoo again since Kai Wei said he wanted to go too. Kai Wei was sad in the morning and said that he missed his friends, so after they went to the zoo, they stopped by Jonah house so he could visit. They got to see Sarah Grace again during the visit. They all played Ping Pong together and air hockey, and I think that my Mom's new children both enjoyed beating her at ping pong. ;) Kai Wei invited Sarah Grace to join them at dinner, which pleased my Mom. It sounds like they are getting along pretty well.

They met Yvonne, her friend Joe, Joe's business partner and Joe's daughter Monica for dinner. (Yvonne is the woman I stayed with this summer and Joe spent a lot of time with us, taking us to parks and museums and restaurants. His daughter Monica who is a few years older than me joined us when she could. I was really glad my parents got the chance to meet them as well!) Both Kai Wei and Sarah Grace were really cute during dinner my Mom said. They ate "hot pot" which is when you cook the food at your table in a pot of boiling water. I asked my mom what they ate and she said EVERYTHING. They let the kids order. ;) The kids "fit in perfectly and had a ball" and were laughing and giggling! Yvonne and Joe gave them a driving tour of Taipei 101 and the Sun Yat Sen memorial before they went back to the hotel. They didn't get back until midnight!

This morning Kai Wei said he was feeling happier. He showed us some of his toys, both things he brought with him from Jonah House and toys that my parents brought over. He also showed us some yo-you tricks. My Mom said he is very proud of his new clothes, and also the "jacket system" he has, which he keeps telling her has "2". :)



They were headed to Kai Wei's school this morning so he could say good bye to his friends. They were all surprised when he didn't come back to school after the holiday. My Mom seemed excited that they would get to see his school.

My Mom is really ready to come home, and we are certainly all ready for them to come home. If only it were Thursday night! Just 2 more days...


Kai Wei's tiger and Jonathan's leopard greet each other

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That is wonderful that things are going so well for them in Taiwan!! I know everyone is ready to be back home. Thank you for updating us.

Tisra said...

Thank you so much for the update, Annie. That completely warms my heart!!!