Sunday, February 10, 2008

More on our first day!

So Annie wins. I don't know how she posted so fast--as I thought they were getting ready for church when we called! The pictures from the video chat are good! It is NICE to be on the Taiwan end! The internet connection has been bad tonight. I hope I can get some pics posted of our day.

I don't have too much more to say other than that we all had a great day despite the COLD, DAMP, GRAY day. What's with this tropical island!?

HOTEL LOBBY



AT THE ZOO!
Sarah Grace is wonderful. She is very happy to be with us and was very cute and fun. She really showed a lot of interest in some exhibits at the zoo which we were glad to see. She loved using our video camera (used most of the battery taking pictures (the same pictures) of monkeys). She has been very affectionate and is not afraid to make her needs known which is great. It has been helpful to know the small bit of Chinese I've learned--I wish it was more. She knows a small bit of English too--so we're doing OK. She knows "what?" "there it is" "Wow" "O yeah" and numbers among other things. She is a little shy to talk to people for us (understandable--as most kids don't speak for the adults they are with!) I have to wonder if people wonder why she is with us. I think her age and the fact she is obviously not a fluent English speaker throws people off track. It is more usual for foreigners to be adopting babies OR coming back with their older children who do speak English but don't speak Chinese. The guy at the little restaurant asked her in Chinese who we were and why she was with us(in a nice interested, friendly way, probably because she had to help us order!). She said we were her parents. He seemed a bit puzzled but told us (in English) "she is so cute" and gave her a deck of cards from his shop!

AT THE ARCADE

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

She look so cute, I"m so happy for you guys getting to spend time with Sarah Grace. I'll be thinking and praying for you guys this week.
Jaclyn

Tisra said...

I'm so excited for you, I'm crying! Enjoy every second, and rest in knowing that you will all be united for good in the near future! Such a wonderful, big, great, amazing thing!

Tisra
waiting for referral
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com

Anita said...

Awww....LOVE the pics of you guys with Sarah Grace! She is soooo adorable!!! Can't wait to see your time with Kai Wei as well! Blessings! ~Anita from CIA group

Annie said...

Oooh, so glad to finally see pictures. I've never been so anxious to get into work on a Monday. Our internet better be up and running again soon or I am going to go CRAZY.