Saturday, February 09, 2008

WE'RE HERE!


It is very hard to believe. After 2 years of planning I somehow feel unprepared and at a loss. This hotel is quite nice, nicer than I would normally choose. But the price was right. It has about 10 floors with a middle atrium that goes all the way up and an enclosed balcony of plexiglas--so when Kai Wei gets here on Monday I can start to do my typical Mom thing and be afraid he will vault the 3 foot barrier and fall to his death. Why is it that moms think their kid have NO SENSE--at least when it comes to heights--Maybe because they do things like tie ribbons tightly around their neck and saw their hands with saws?

Anyway the trip here was very smooth and very uneventful. Thank God! I was really apprehensive, but I did great--so thanks for the prayers. On my own I really can't handle the idea of being 30,000 feet in the air and going 800mph. . . God really gave me a sense of peace. I've never been on such a long flight. They just kept feeding us (OK with us!) It is kind of surreal.

Speaking of surreal, the one airport we changed plans in has this funky tunnel with mood lighting and funky lava lamp type walls and weird piped in music. It connects one terminal to another. I had to wonder if that would be Kai Wei's first impression of America! I kind of hope not! He's a kid--he'll probably notice the snow!

So the picture is our one picture for today--Dana in Japan--sadly we didn't make it out of the airport and the scenery all day has been gray with black tarmac. (except for above the clouds!). Tomorrow we will see the sights. AND SARAH GRACE! And possible Kai Wei!

God Bless!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you made it safely! I was disappointed when I realized I would miss your call since I was at basketball with Daniel.

Becky said...

Glued to your blog!!!So very very happy for the updates. What a treasure for Kai Wei to have tooo whaen he is old enough to process all this in english and he can read all about it!!!Don't let him fall off that balcony!!! I am praying Sara Grace willfall head over heels--In Love with Mom and Dad!!! Becky S.

Mom 2 six said...

Thinking of you -can't wait for the next post.

Lauren said...

Thats so awesome!! Im so glad to know that you guys are safe.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom!
I just wnated to fix your psot when you said...

"I really can't handle the idea of being 30,000 feet in the air and going 800mph. . ."

It is acculy 26.500 feet high and 679miles and hour ;) Good luck in Taiwan!

Jonathan