Friday, February 08, 2008

They're off!

This morning, I (Rebecca, as opposed to my mother or sister who normally post here) dropped my parents at the airport. They're in the air now, somewhere between here and Chicago, then Japan, then Taipei.

Normally I'm completely envious when I leave someone at the airport and then head back to the car. This time...I was completely envious. But this time I'm not just waiting for them to come back with pictures and souvenirs - this time they're bringing home my brother! After a three year wait, I think I can handle another week. (Unless my dad's dog causes me to go into shock from his behavior and shrill barking...Dad, where's the shock collar?).

As far as how things are on the homefront - It's only been a couple of hours. Daniel's off on a field trip with friends and I had him ready on time (no worries, Mom - clean shirt and pants and neither had holes. See, I'm learning!), Tim's taking care of his own running to and fro, Jonathan's at school and all is quite on the western front. Hm, ominous book to mention - doesn't he die?

Seriously though, I'm not worried about this week. It'll go by fast. It has to go by fast, because compared to three years a week is nothing. If you have any desire to know how things are going on at home, you can read about my clever solutions to the dog's behavior on my own blog Sparrow Alone. Otherwise, the next post will hopefully be about my parent's adventures in Taipei!

Please keep us all in your prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about the trip and all the celebrations going on.

Jan

Ashton said...

I will be praying for safe travel!!